Through A Story For A Day I want to help the world become a better place. This is of course a dramatically over exaggerated statement, but maybe today I can help you become a better you?
In conjunction with the American holiday of National Apple Dumpling Day, I will teach y’all to cook Apple Dumplings!
In true story for a day fashion most of these amounts are all rough estimates.
A tea spoon of nutmeg
A tea spoon of cinnamon
A dash of vanilla extract
1/2 of a cap of butter
3/4 of a cup of brown sugar
3 cups of water
4 apples (any types)
- Peel and core four apples.
- Place the apples in the middle of a square of short crust pastry.
- Fill each apple with a stick of butter and some brown sugar.
- Fold up the sides of your pastry over the apple and pinch them at the top so they’re closed tightly.
- Place the dumplings into a high sided dish.
- On the stove pour in a cup of brown sugar, a couple dashes of nutmeg, chuck in some cinnamon and an appropriate amount of butter, 200 grams should be enough. This will become your sauce.
- Let your sauce boil together. Pour your sauce into the dish with the dumplings. Sprinkle a little more brown sugar over the top if you’re feeling a little sweet.
- Chuck it all into a preheated oven of 200 degrees Celsius for just over an hour.
Music for this episode was supplied by:
Wolfwolf, with his track High.
Oscilla, with his piece of magic called Colours. Go and like his facebook page because his music really nails it!